Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Emergency Room

This boy likes to climb! Can't keep him off of anything!  Yesterday he fell and got a skull fracture and a pretty nasty concusion.  Spent the better part of the night at the emergency room with him. Was he cranky,  he didn't like the braclet they put on him,  he didn't like the room they put us in,  he didn't want the tv on  or for me to sit down.  When he finally did fall asleep the doctors  wanted me to wake him up.  A CT scan later he is diagnosed with a skull fracture with no bleeding.  There is no treatment, so we head home at midnight.  The discharge paper reccomends  bed rest for 24 hours.  Have you ever tried to get a 2 year old to sit still for 24 hours? Though he seems fine today they also diagnosed him with a large arachnoid cyst.  Hopefully it is nothing, but he gets to follow up with a nuerologist in a few weeks.

2 comments:

DeDee said...

Oh my, I had no idea! I hope everything works out okay. Please keep me posted!

Larsen Fam said...

Good grief. I hope the cycst turns out to be nothing. And hope you can keep out of the ER for a little bit :)