Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Truth About Us

Frequently I look at peoples blogs and they have lots of cute pictures about what they did and how wonderful their family is and I start to feel bad. I have to remind myself that those are pictures of everybody at their best. I hope this picture cheers everyone up who has ever felt the way I felt. This is us at bedtime on an average day. The house is a mess. I am tired, I look bad, and I am grumpy. Our two year old hits and kicks, our five year old cries and sucks her thumb, the baby just cries and our seven year old ...well don't let the smile fool you. Hope you all feel better now!

3 comments:

jules2 said...

You did a great job! I am excited to see your crazy life in the future, compared to my own. Oh, wait I don't post often cause I am just crazy.

Steph said...

We all feel the same way Amy. However you are just the brave one to post it!!

Norda said...

I am so glad you posted this! Isn't that so true about the blogging world? It can be overwhelming watching highlights of other people's lives all the time. Thank you for such an honest post, and yes, it did make me feel better!

PS - You guys make some dang cute babies/kids! I remember when your first was a baby, I can't believe he's 7! And what are you talking about? I thought they were all angels all the time? Ha ha, if only that was the way it worked!